2016 Home Design Trends
With the expenses of renovation and redecoration, it is essential to find enduring looks that showcase your style in a timeless way. 2016 is the year to bring back indispensable top trends for your home.
- Patterned Pops: Print objects complement solids and
minimalism design. You can utilize a patterned
couch as a major
statement in a neutral room. If you want something more understated,
use a patterned curtain over wood windows to create a tasteful
accent. Fabric wall art is also becoming pretty popular,
another exciting choice for pattern inspiration.
- Mismatched and Moveable: If you are feeling burnt out on
the design in your spaces, try moving around pieces you already have from different rooms around your home.
materials are a major trend
this year. Match your modern minimalism pieces in a room with rustic wood windows
and floors for a refreshing renovation on a low
- Mid-Century to Millennial: Arcs are on the rise from the past. Mix
in the mid-century
feel using interior design pieces,
like tables and chairs. Feeling bold? Buy
arced wood windows to go the extra mile for the eclectic and fun trend.
- Neutral is Now: Creams, greys, blacks, alabasters and ivories are in this year. Keep your home calm and collected with gentle
tones of organic
colors. If you think neutral color schemes
are uninteresting, think again. Add some character
with neutral tiles, pillows or flowers. Painting a wooden window black in an all-white room is also a huge
statement this year.
- Optimize and Open: It is the year to get rid of the clutter. An open space is a must to chill and breathe in your home. Whether you are overlooking a city or the countryside, big windows will bring in natural light, and less walls will offer you an open feel to your space. Give attention to minimalism and tech-less areas; instead, filling your space with peaceful pieces.
We can turn the 2016 trends into a reality for your home, crafted to fit your tastes perfectly. We can help you coordinate your window and door needs to complement these 2016 trends. Simply contact Pella Windows and Doors at 403-681-6363 or come to our Calgary showroom to see how we can help you integrate this year’s trends.