Fall is coming quickly in Calgary, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the best time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a large impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to consider when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Calgary a call at 403-681-6363 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!