In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a wonderful way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your home. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for years to come.
- Forget stick with the budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 403-681-6363, check out our Calgary showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.