Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
The cold season is fast approaching in Calgary and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Calgary winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Western Canada professionals a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to produce a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Calgary.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Calgary a call at 403-681-6363 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.