Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Calgary, AB Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – few things are better than looking out your wood windows on a nice, warm day in Calgary. And with a bit of spring-cleaning, those windows will sparkle, giving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or something else, no one wants streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a few of these cleaning tips when you start your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s more enjoyable to clean with the sun out, the sun can actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is appropriately cleaned, so use that cloudy day to get your cleaning over with.
- Receiving the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see the results.
- Always start from the top when washing your windows. Doing so makes sure the excess drips don’t head to the part of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Take an old towel or paper towel and place it at the bottom of the window to catch any drips to keep them from puddling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make sure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips slipped through, it will help protect the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need some TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors can help show proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Calgary today and check out which windows are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.