The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated part of your home’s windows. They give you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wants, and with the variety of styles and colors offered, you can uncover a combination to achieve whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you are able to change styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you go
with, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design requirements.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to offer more energy
efficient selections than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to allow for easier cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve taken a look at a few positives of window grilles, let’s take a look at the challenges surrounding window grilles.
- While there are a number of
designs we carry, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles may obstruct their
view of the outdoors.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more of
- Replacement windows that showcase grilles are usually more costly than those that don’t have grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply considering them for your current home, window grilles could be a great add-on to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to consider, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our team, we’re sure you’ll find precisely what you’re looking for. Of course, with the number of choices available, we suggest coming by our Calgary showroom, giving us a call at 403-681-6363 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we offer.