The ROI of Replacement Windows
Before you invest in an expensive home endeavor, it is essential to focus on the value you will see in the future and how the product will add value to your life at home. From construction to price, the investment of energy efficient replacement windows may be daunting to some homeowners, but the return on investment is highly proven throughout the years after installation. After you invest in Pella’s ENERGY STAR® certified windows, there are various benefits you could start noticing:
- Energy bills are reduced. Once your windows are installed, you may see your heating and cooling costs falling. By replacing all single-pane windows in a home with ENERGY STAR certified windows, the typical home can save an average of $101-$583 per year, according to ENERGY STAR. With support from partners like Pella, energy bills are decreasing for millions of people due to ENERGY STAR’s world-renowned mission.
- Rebate rewards*. The installation of energy efficient windows can also save you monetary value through rebates and tax credits. ENERGY STAR provides homeowners with an easy-to-use rebate and special offer finder online. This allows browsers to view what rebates are available in their location through a simple zip code entry.
- Green energy tax credits*. Energy efficient windows can also earn homeowners a green energy tax credit. If you are in a new or existing home and install energy efficient windows that go along with ENERGY STAR requirements, you could be qualified for a ten percent tax credit up to a maximum of $200. Although the amount depends on what state you live in, there are many tax reductions accessible for citizens supporting the country’s energy efficiency operation.
- Remodel for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2015 cost vs. value report, replacing your windows with new wood or vinyl windows may return 71 percent to 78 percent of the project cost during resale.
- Save your style. Not only is energy efficiency valued among window frames, but glass possibilities as well. Glass panes, such as Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Glass, could help protect your fabrics and furniture from losing color.
Energy efficient pieces available at Pella Windows and Doors can help maintain your home, probably reduce your bills and let you live comfortably within your own home. To see Pella’s ENERGY STAR products firsthand, visit our showroom in Calgary, or call us at 403-681-6363.
*Consult with your local Pella professional to determine which products are eligible. Consult with a qualified tax advisor to confirm eligibility. Pella Corporation and its sales partners assume no liability regarding the homeowner’s ability to obtain tax credits. For more information, visit energystar.gov/tax credits.