Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the ambiance that guests have when entering your Calgary home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and involve a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery around a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can shift attention to particular door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Calgary, give them a call at 403-681-6363 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.