Window Style 101
Your window coverings can play a big role in the style of your room. So, whether you’re shooting for a tranquil feeling or something bright to display your personality, you’re bound to discover an idea here! Here are eight tips to fancy up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a dash of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to display your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a whimsical print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that covers your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a bit too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love sprucing things up for the season, or just like to change things up a lot, try changing out the curtains in your main living area. You can go as festive as you want to!
- If you’re having trouble finding the best pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to regular window curtains. Try checking out tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you envision.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To spruce up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a fancy ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.